Kaitlin is now 1 day overdue! I know it doesn't seem like much but for someone who had a baby- yes- Kaitlin- who went way overdue you really, truly, start to feel that you will be pregnant forever. So, I can sympathize with her.
That said, having gone through international adoption and not knowing if or when you will get a child teaches one big patience! So, my heart is with her I will be patient for her and we will greet that little guy very soon.
Kazakhstan is in central asia. It was once part of the Soviet Union. It is nestled to the south of Russia and northeast of China. The national language is Kazakh but the common language spoken is Russian.
Timeline to Kazakhstan
- July 28, 2009: Gotcha Day
- June 17, 2009: Court in Ust-K
- May 21, 2009: left for Ust-Kamenogorsk
- May 7, 2009: received LOI and region assignment to Ust-Kamenogorsk
- March 12, 2009: dossier approved and sent to Kazakhstan
- Feb. 26 2009: dossier sent to Kazakhstans DC embassy
- Jan. 23 2009: updated documents apostilled and fed-ex'd to AA
- Jan. 20 2009: received FBI clearance
- Jan. 7 2009: Re-did the Re-do of the FBI fingerprinting (Kari) and sent for clearance
- Dec. 19 2008: Re-did FBI fingerprinting and sent for clearance
- July 11: Dossier authenticated and Fed-ex'd to Adoption Ark.
- June 21: received I-171h
- April 19- received fingerprinting notice in the mail
- Feb. 13 went to Sherrif dept- got black fingers (fingerprinting) for FBI clearance
- Feb. 8: received dossier packet via email from AA (Adoption Ark)
- February 6: mailed contract and initial paperwork