About Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan is in central asia. It was once part of the Soviet Union. It is nestled to the south of Russia and northeast of China. The national language is Kazakh but the common language spoken is Russian.
Lilypie

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What a trip so far!!

Hi to all,
Thanks for your patience. I have not been able to get on the internet for reasons I do not understand. I have paid and paid and paid for access but keep getting booted off. I am keeping my fingers crossed this makes it through.
We have completed day 3 of bonding with Sasha and Masha, our 6year old boy and his 3 year old sister.
They are fabulous children. I can't believe our luck at recieving them for our children. Sasha is a boy with quite a depth to his personality. He can be very active and playful. He can be quiet and enjoy playing alone with his cars and I have seen him sulk when a car that was not his was returned to its owner. He has a smile that melts your heart and loves to have his photo taken- which is often. He has bonded so well with Dave. I love to watch them together.
Masha our 3 year dynamo is abundant with joy and energy. She smiles and laughs easily. She loves to climb- anything. She loves to jump- from anything. She is quick to hug and can just as easily play quietly with a game or a puzzle. Both children are so smart. Sasha read to me from a russian book with clear well pronounce words. I just wish I knew what he was saying. Masha never stops talking and when we get one of the translators around- the awesome Olga or Luba, we discover that Masha has a wonderfull immagination.
I will try to download some photos.

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay!!! So good to hear from you. Congratulations!! Glad you are able to get some internet up and working.

Can't wait to hear more about Sasha and Masha!

aultfamily said...

Internet success! Whoo Hooo.

The kids sound so wonderful! It is great that they are warming up to you so quickly. From reading Gale's journals, it sounds like there are lots of kids and parents bonding in the room you have your visits in.

I can't wait to see pictures & hear more about everything!!!!

Bless you!
MaryAnn

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! I have been blog-stalking you! I am so glad to hear the bonding is going well. I think of you everyday and hope you are able to take it all in. Keep the posts coming!!

Heidi

Amanda said...

I too have been checking you blog daily, so glad the bonding is going well, cant wait to see pictures!!!!!!

Vonda Kaye said...

So happy to hear from you! I figured you must be having issues with internet. Sasha & Masha sound wonderful and I'm sure you are making them so happy!
We're praying for you and look forward to hearing more!

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

So glad you posted I was starting to worry :).

Congratulations on meeting you children. What great ages and a boy and a girl-perfect. Your description of them is beautiful. I can't wait to see photos but I remember having problems with Internet too. Be patient.

Olga and Luba are beautiful girls inside and out. I am glad they are with you.

Kris said...

Kari,

Wonderful news! I know several of us have been checking frequently to see if you had posted anything. What a blessing that things are going good. We look forward to seeing pics.

Kris

Becki Stone said...

Yeah!!!! It is nice to hear from you! Your kiddos sound amazing :) I can't to see pics!
I can't wait to follow your journey- and hey..we got our LOI!! We'll be in Kaz soon too!

Kim said...

Excellent! Congratulations! I am happy to read things are going well for you all!

Dean and Janie said...

Yeh, congratulations. It is so good to hear you and your new "babies" are doing well. It is so exciting and enjoyable to be a part of your journey. I look forward to pictures and more updates. The Hollands

Michelle said...

I'm SO excited for you two!!

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Congratulations! I was thrilled to read your post. What a joyous time. It's terrific to read that you've met your children.

Good luck on the internet -- it's amazing how much of a lifeline it is.

Take care, Susan

Our Family of Bloggers said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I haven't checked in a few days and wow, I missed A LOT! I cannot wait to hear more about your little boy and little girl. What wonderful news.
Congratulations!

Timeline to Kazakhstan

  • July 28, 2009: Gotcha Day
  • June 17, 2009: Court in Ust-K
  • May 21, 2009: left for Ust-Kamenogorsk
  • May 7, 2009: received LOI and region assignment to Ust-Kamenogorsk
  • March 12, 2009: dossier approved and sent to Kazakhstan
  • Feb. 26 2009: dossier sent to Kazakhstans DC embassy
  • Jan. 23 2009: updated documents apostilled and fed-ex'd to AA
  • Jan. 20 2009: received FBI clearance
  • Jan. 7 2009: Re-did the Re-do of the FBI fingerprinting (Kari) and sent for clearance
  • Dec. 19 2008: Re-did FBI fingerprinting and sent for clearance
  • July 11: Dossier authenticated and Fed-ex'd to Adoption Ark.
  • June 21: received I-171h
  • April 19- received fingerprinting notice in the mail
  • Feb. 13 went to Sherrif dept- got black fingers (fingerprinting) for FBI clearance
  • Feb. 8: received dossier packet via email from AA (Adoption Ark)
  • February 6: mailed contract and initial paperwork
  • 2008