About Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan is in central asia. It was once part of the Soviet Union. It is nestled to the south of Russia and northeast of China. The national language is Kazakh but the common language spoken is Russian.
Lilypie

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

another day

Another frustrating and emotionally exausting day. FBI fingerprints came back. Daves were fine. Mine were, and I quote; "rejected and are returned to you as illegible". This is the second time in the course of this waiting process (having to repeat the fingerprint check and clearance because they are only good for 6 months) that mine have been rejected. This means that I have to go back to the sherriff office between 5-7 pm on a Wednesday and in vain explain to them to please do a careful and very good job so they won't be rejected. Honestly, they just don't seem to care. The last time we were there we were the only ones in the office so I don't get it. Secondly, our medicals needed to be updated again ( they are only good for 3 months). My doctor quit her practice and moved to AZ in September- so obviously I asked her to give me an update just before she left- which she did. I then contacted the dr. who purchased the practice, did a meet and greet with her, explained the requirements for the dossier to her. She assured me it would be fine and to just bring the form when I needed it and she would fill it out, sign it and include a copy of her license. (I did make sure she knew that the licence had to be current for a least 1 year.) I requested the new medical form on Dec. 30th. and got a phone call today that the dr. med license would expire within 1 year but that she would get it renewed. So here I sit in tears, frustrated, no dr. with an acceptable license. No FBI clearance for at least 2-3 weeks and our dossier supposed to be sent soon. Maybe I am just overreacting but this is all just to much. All signs (there are more than mentioned here but I just can't get into that right now) seem to be pointed away from Kazakhstan.

11 comments:

Becki Stone said...

Since our sheriff's office seemed to care less about doing our prints, I contacted our local school system and they directed me to several other places that do fingerprints- we got ours done and an education building..and they were very careful :)

Kim said...

Hi - I am new here but definitely feel your pain. Our adoption road to Kaz was very very frustrating, and not in the US, in Kaz. I am a firm believer that your process needs to be crappy here in the US to have a great experience in Kaz. :-) I know you have probably thought about this but is there anywhere else you can go for your prints? People just do not get it!

I am hoping you get this all sorted out soon and the new year brings you great blessings.

Kim
www.prudhomme-family.blogspot.com

Trudi said...

Hi, Kari. Just linked into your blog after reading your post on Kim's. Oh goodness you are having a rough time - I wish I could do more than send you a virtual hug. The Kaz process is VERY frustrating (our daughter went through it but with a happy end result! our beautiful Aila - www.thumbliniannotations.blogspot.com).

I too am hopeful all these gnats get sorted out soon. Do keep in mind they are gnats - just annoying pesty things that make life miserable. But try to hold on to why you are doing this. The end is worth the pain.

Good luck and hang in there.

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry to hear of your frustrations. I know very much how you feel. We signed up for our second Kaz adoption this past fall. After a couple months, we finally made the decision to switch to a different country.

I hope that you are able to find peace with this situation, and that it either starts falling into place, or a different option settles in your heart.

Baby Kaz Moore said...

No, you're not over-reacting! I'd be doing the same thing. Hopefully, a new day will bring clarity and fortitude in pushing forward. I had to have several notaries re-sign their paperwork. Argh. Best wishes, Susan from Austin

GuinnessandKillian said...

I hope it helps a bit to know that you're not alone - I know it's a crummy club to be in (waiting, paperwork, notaries, apostilles, every little detail about your life open to what seems like the world to see), but those of us in the club with you understand and will say keep on keeping on...if you promise to do the same in return when needed!

keoghclan said...

Hi. I just found your BLOG. Congrats on your decision to adopt from Kaz. We are a Kaz family. (Mam and Dad Irish but live in Toronto, daughter bio is 8 and son 3 is from Kazakhstan - home to Canada in 2006)

The process for adoption is truly frustrating, the paperwork never ending and the time draaaaaaggggggssss...........been there done that. To hear the word Kaz medical still makes me shudder, I think we had to have it repeated 4 times!!

Hang in. It WILL happen. Now I have found your blog I will pop by again.

Mary.

http://keoghclan.multiply.com

aultfamily said...

Hi Kari,

I'm sorry to read about the troubles you are facing as you gather the final items for your dossier. :(

I've been learning (and experiencing) that international adoption is all about peaks and valleys. You'll get through this, hang in there!

MaryAnn

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

oh Kari... I so feel your pain.. I know.. I know.. I know..
it's so frustrating!!!!
hang in there...
just have a good cry, scream, and tantrum... that always helps me!!! :-)
hang in there...
e-mail if you want to chat..
lanettagobble@yahoo.com
I feel your pain....

Our Family of Bloggers said...

This is all so frustrating! I can totally understand- I cannot even count the number of times my prints were rejected by USCIS and the FBI. I don't know what resources are available where you live, but I went to a private place, where you pay a little more, but they seemed to care somewhat. Check your local area for a private investigator type place, tell them your prints get rejected and they need to do them extra carefully. And what Kim said- I agree 100%. You either have a smooth time getting to Kaz (pre-adoption paperwork) or a smooth in country stay. So all this just means you will have smooth sailing once you finally get there.
As for the other signs, I hope you do have peace about whatever decisions you make. Make sure you aren't making rash decisions solely based on frustration. No one ever said adoption is for the weak. It is not an easy process, but 100% worth it once you get have your child in your arms. Take a deep breath (or a glass of wine!) and try your best to stay positive.

Corinne said...

Hi Kari, found your blog through Lanetta.We too are with AA but are in the Kyrgzstan program.I know all about slowdowns and frustrations and just wanted to cheer you on as you are going through those frustrations.Hang in there as we hope 2009 will bring our children home.

Timeline to Kazakhstan

  • July 28, 2009: Gotcha Day
  • June 17, 2009: Court in Ust-K
  • May 21, 2009: left for Ust-Kamenogorsk
  • May 7, 2009: received LOI and region assignment to Ust-Kamenogorsk
  • March 12, 2009: dossier approved and sent to Kazakhstan
  • Feb. 26 2009: dossier sent to Kazakhstans DC embassy
  • Jan. 23 2009: updated documents apostilled and fed-ex'd to AA
  • Jan. 20 2009: received FBI clearance
  • Jan. 7 2009: Re-did the Re-do of the FBI fingerprinting (Kari) and sent for clearance
  • Dec. 19 2008: Re-did FBI fingerprinting and sent for clearance
  • July 11: Dossier authenticated and Fed-ex'd to Adoption Ark.
  • June 21: received I-171h
  • April 19- received fingerprinting notice in the mail
  • Feb. 13 went to Sherrif dept- got black fingers (fingerprinting) for FBI clearance
  • Feb. 8: received dossier packet via email from AA (Adoption Ark)
  • February 6: mailed contract and initial paperwork
  • 2008