About Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan is in central asia. It was once part of the Soviet Union. It is nestled to the south of Russia and northeast of China. The national language is Kazakh but the common language spoken is Russian.
Lilypie

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Waiting and Freezing

Just waiting for the FBI clearance to come back and praying that the Sherrif guy has the right year on it (thank-you to Lanetta for bringing that little potential problem to my attention)- I ran right over to the medicals and checked for the correct date- so far so good) So keeping my fingers crossed. I think as soon as we get our documents completed we will be submitted to the embassy.... Keep the prayers a comin!
Now here in northern Michigan the very very cold temps have been making the news. As I left the house at 6:30 am and was driving down our little county road through the 6 or 8 unplowed inches of snow I was thinking how much I am already tired of this snow and now the freezing cold and how we still have so much winter left when I got a little reality check. I saw what earlier in the season I would have assumed was a leaf blowing accross the street. When I focused in I realized it was a tiny little mouse running accross the road over these mountains of snow left by the early morning commuters. I watched him running and found myself cheering him on with something like "go little guy go! You can do it" and I realized that if he could brave the conditions of this week with his tiny little feet and itsy bitsy body running his heart out to who knows where (probably my basement) then I can most certainly not only manage this awful cold weather and the constantly dumping lake effect snow but I can brave the remainder of this often frustrating process of international adoption.
Heres hoping my FBI clearance comes back good- if not- I will just do it again and keep on running until I get to my destination.

7 comments:

Kim said...

I hope your checks are all good. Here in TN it is supposed to be 2 tonight, coldest it has been in 6 years they say. Schools are canceled tomorrow. Do you believe that, it's only 2! We are from CT so this is a little ridiculous to us. :)

(We found a mouse in our garage yesterday eek!)

Kim

tom & susan said...

Good for you...and thanks for the pep talk. If he can do it, we can do it ! :)

Susan

Jennifer said...

I love that story. What a great message. Thank you for sharing.

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

hang in there girl!!!!
FBI clearances will be back in no time and perfect this time.. I feel it...
:-)

aultfamily said...

Greetings from Minnesota! We've been having the freezing weather here too. The coldest in 5 years, but after 80+ hours of below zero temperatures, we're finally having a "warm up" today. Let's look on the bright side, if we end up traveling in the winter, we'll be ready for the bitter cold weather that Kaz has to offer!

I was curious if you had heard back from the FBI yet the second time around. Here's to hoping your prints came through beautifully and you can move right along to the embassy!

MaryAnn

Michelle said...

You GO girl! :)
I'll say a little FBI prayer for you. :)

qmiller said...

Greetings from Southern Michigan...it is frigid here, too!! Love the image of the little mouse making his way over the mtns. of snow....brrrrrrr!
Quaintance

Timeline to Kazakhstan

  • July 28, 2009: Gotcha Day
  • June 17, 2009: Court in Ust-K
  • May 21, 2009: left for Ust-Kamenogorsk
  • May 7, 2009: received LOI and region assignment to Ust-Kamenogorsk
  • March 12, 2009: dossier approved and sent to Kazakhstan
  • Feb. 26 2009: dossier sent to Kazakhstans DC embassy
  • Jan. 23 2009: updated documents apostilled and fed-ex'd to AA
  • Jan. 20 2009: received FBI clearance
  • Jan. 7 2009: Re-did the Re-do of the FBI fingerprinting (Kari) and sent for clearance
  • Dec. 19 2008: Re-did FBI fingerprinting and sent for clearance
  • July 11: Dossier authenticated and Fed-ex'd to Adoption Ark.
  • June 21: received I-171h
  • April 19- received fingerprinting notice in the mail
  • Feb. 13 went to Sherrif dept- got black fingers (fingerprinting) for FBI clearance
  • Feb. 8: received dossier packet via email from AA (Adoption Ark)
  • February 6: mailed contract and initial paperwork
  • 2008