About Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan is in central asia. It was once part of the Soviet Union. It is nestled to the south of Russia and northeast of China. The national language is Kazakh but the common language spoken is Russian.
Lilypie

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Natural beauty


Living in the country is pretty cool. Nature almost always provides a visual feast. It could be the snow on the trees and bushes or the sudden blizzards of snow gusting around the front yard as the wind rushes up the hill from Elk Lake accross the street. It could be the abundance and variety of birds constantly darting to and from the several feeders we have about the property or it could be the deer munching on a pine tree in safty at the far side of our 4-1/2 acres. But last evening I witnessed 8 deer in procession across my front yard, no more than 60 feet or so from my front windows. Seven of them kept on going, but one of them decided the bushes had something tasty on them and stopped to eat. I have my camera set up on a tripod for just such an occasion and was able to take this ones portrait while he (or she) patiently stood there and appeared to stare directly at me. With 3 dogs in the house and often outside I felt this one deer was indeed very brave.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow - you are on a blogging streak this week. :-)

I love the picture. I so miss the snow, just not any down here in TN.

Kim

Becki Stone said...

I have to agree we live in the country too! We have visitors quite often too- this winter though- thanks to the Snow Miser (I'm sure it is his fault!) dumping all the snow the deer have decided to munch on my bushes!

Timeline to Kazakhstan

  • July 28, 2009: Gotcha Day
  • June 17, 2009: Court in Ust-K
  • May 21, 2009: left for Ust-Kamenogorsk
  • May 7, 2009: received LOI and region assignment to Ust-Kamenogorsk
  • March 12, 2009: dossier approved and sent to Kazakhstan
  • Feb. 26 2009: dossier sent to Kazakhstans DC embassy
  • Jan. 23 2009: updated documents apostilled and fed-ex'd to AA
  • Jan. 20 2009: received FBI clearance
  • Jan. 7 2009: Re-did the Re-do of the FBI fingerprinting (Kari) and sent for clearance
  • Dec. 19 2008: Re-did FBI fingerprinting and sent for clearance
  • July 11: Dossier authenticated and Fed-ex'd to Adoption Ark.
  • June 21: received I-171h
  • April 19- received fingerprinting notice in the mail
  • Feb. 13 went to Sherrif dept- got black fingers (fingerprinting) for FBI clearance
  • Feb. 8: received dossier packet via email from AA (Adoption Ark)
  • February 6: mailed contract and initial paperwork
  • 2008